Austin, San Marcos, TX Press Releases
(Austin.CityRegions.Com, April 26, 2016 ) Austin, Texas -- Company founder and blogger Lucinda Horn of Optimized Homes today released the second in a series of simple tips on how to better use space in a smaller or crowded apartment, condo or home.
The company is focused on products for the home that combine Convenience and Space Saving of organized and collapsible kitchen products
Ms Horn is passionate about Simplicity and Efficiency and products that improve the efficiency and esthetics of homes. She will release more tips to make living in small spaces simpler.
With the entire country experiencing growth in various business sectors and the accompanying changes in lifestyles, the company founder saw that the need for space saving products and ideas had grown tremendously. Young people move to cities for jobs in the high tech arena and various startups and while just starting out are living in small spaces. As well, older adults are downsizing once kids have left the house and need to make better use of their space. This is a growing issue and one that Optimized Homes is addressing.
When space in the kitchen is limited, there are some products and concepts to make the most of what one has. These ideas are all from Ms Horn's own house.
1. Use Lazy Susan type turntables to store pantry items. They will be easily visible when the table is turned the and won't get shoved to the back of a cabinet and not seen.
2. Don't forget to go vertical for storage and make the height work. One can use a small shelf to store items above commonly used things and also use stacking wine bottle holders.
3. Bins can be used to hold odd-shaped items so they can stand upright and take up less space but are still findable. Tall boxes of spaghetti can stand upright without falling over if they're kept in a bin.
4. Some foods like nuts or granola can be put into glass jars when home from the grocery store. That way the food stays fresher but one can see at a glance when the item is running low.
5. Another point of frustration can be poor utilization of under counter cabinets. No one wants to squat or get down on hands and knees just to find the right pan. There are some excellent pull out drawers that are super easy to install for pots and pans or small appliances.
6. When organizing cooking tools and knives, it is very efficient to invest a small amount of money in divided drawer organizers, and Ms Horn's favorite is a knife dock that keeps knives sharp and takes up very little space.
About Optimized Homes
Optimized Homes is an Austin, Texas based company specializing in optimizing the home. It is initially focused on products such as a collapsible colander for space saving in the home.